On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:18:39 +0300, John Doue <notw...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 4/28/2010 1:34 PM, Daniel wrote:
>> JohnW-Mpls wrote:

>>> + + + + + + +
>>>
>>> Well, There ya go!
>>>
>>> I just installed SM2.04 and all the ID/Password stuff works as easy as
>>> it did in SM1.19. I have no idea why - I did copy (via Win Explorer)
>>> all the profile files under SM1 to SM2 but made no option changes - it
>>> just all works.
>>>
>>> Whoopee [grin]
>>>

>> John, If you are going to be using SM1 sometimes and SM 2 sometimes,
>> this will mean that you will have your mail split in two, unless you
>> have one or the other set up to actually leave the mail on your server,
>> so it *ALL* gets downloaded into one profile or the other.
>>
>> Go to Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings and select "Server
>> settings" on your email account, and in the "server settings" section,
>> tick "Leave Message on Server" and set a time period.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Daniel
>
>There is a simple way to avoid having mail "split in two". In Server
>Settings, make sure the local directory setting is identical in both
>programs.

I doubt that wourld work - Server Settings does not offer a way to
choose a different Profle/location.  Dan's idea of leaving one profile
set to leave messages on the server seems better.

However, once I got SM2 working nice, I deleted SM1- I'm of the old
school where space is precious.   [grin]

--
JohnW-Mpls