JohnW-Mpls wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:48:43 -0500, JohnW-Mpls<john...@comcast.net>
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:59:08 +0200, Robert Kaiser<ka...@kairo.at>
wrote:

JohnW-Mpls schrieb:
Well, it may be a Cookie problem in SM2.  All I know is that I need to
fiddle around to get full access to the WSJ page using SM2.
Conversely, I get immediate full access using SM1, FireFox, IE, Opera,
and Safari.

That suggests to me that SM2 has a problem.

We have mostly the same infrastructure in SM2 as in Firefox 3.5, so I
wonder if there's a problem of your Cookie settings in SM2 (either
globally or wrt this site).

Could you check what item Tools>  Cookie Manager has checked when you
navigate to this site in SM2, and if it has the default settings
checked, what Privacy&  Security>  Cookies has set in your preferences?

Robert Kaiser

I'll save this for when I try SM2 again - I took it off when I
reinstalled SM1.

Could I now have both installed at a the same time?  Last fall, this
was not true - at least we were told to remove SM1 before installing
SM2.

+ + + + + + +

Well, There ya go!

I just installed SM2.04 and all the ID/Password stuff works as easy as
it did in SM1.19.   I have no idea why - I did copy (via Win Explorer)
all the profile files under SM1 to SM2 but made no option changes - it
just all works.

Whoopee [grin]

John, If you are going to be using SM1 sometimes and SM 2 sometimes, this will mean that you will have your mail split in two, unless you have one or the other set up to actually leave the mail on your server, so it *ALL* gets downloaded into one profile or the other.

Go to Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings and select "Server settings" on your email account, and in the "server settings" section, tick "Leave Message on Server" and set a time period.

HTH

Daniel