Just an option (toggle) to have for those of us that are willing to take such a risk. Even in the mozilla build of Eudora it has the option of assigning a default attachment reference folder (which still seems to be in development) which in Eudora's case keeps the folder processing time down to a minimal. Some of the people here at my job have immense e-mail job folders and in Eudora's case resulted to it coming to a near standstill (not mine - I know how to make accessible disk backups and keep it more streamlined) It's one of the reasons I referred them over to SeaMonkey (Sorry - lol didn't know the crap they'd be unleashing)

W3BNR wrote:
Eggar wrote:

Unless there already is a way to select numerous e-mails and detach all
the attachments all at once? Or maybe even having a toggle that one
could switch on that would handle all attachments to be placed in a
selected default folder. Now that Mozilla has the priveledge of
continuing the plight of Eudora Users ;\ (Me not being one of them but
others around me come from that arena) and the detach feature has bled
it's way into the mozilla ui, I was just wondering if there is a future
for taking this feature a little further.

Just another Pesterin' wish ;)

'Detach' & 'Delete' are easy to use. Select one or many e-mail
attachments for the command and "get 'er done".

With a 'Detach All' & 'Delete All' one miscue could be hazardous to your
e-mail files. All the attachments gone or detached in one swift swoop.

I'd vote against any such change.