Is there a way to permanently disable plugins?

I don't want the adobe reader plugin and this bit in my user.js used
to accomplish that:
  user_pref("plugin.scan.Acrobat", "99.9");

Adobe came out with a new version of reader & after installing the new
version, about:plugins says I've got the Adobe Acrobat plugin
installed again :(

How do I tell SeaMonkey that I don't want it using the acrobat plugin
regardless?

I know about the menu bar Tools / Add-on Manager / Plugins & click
'disable' for Adobe Acrobat, but the next time I upgrade reader the
plugin is back.  What I'm looking for is a way to permanently disable
the plugin .. even after installing a new version of reader.

Thanks,
Lee