On 7/2/10 6:01 AM, Lee wrote:
> Is there a way to permanently disable plugins?
>
> I don't want the adobe reader plugin and this bit in my user.js used
> to accomplish that:
>   user_pref("plugin.scan.Acrobat", "99.9");
>
> Adobe came out with a new version of reader & after installing the new
> version, about:plugins says I've got the Adobe Acrobat plugin
> installed again :(
>
> How do I tell SeaMonkey that I don't want it using the acrobat plugin
> regardless?
>
> I know about the menu bar Tools / Add-on Manager / Plugins & click
> 'disable' for Adobe Acrobat, but the next time I upgrade reader the
> plugin is back.  What I'm looking for is a way to permanently disable
> the plugin .. even after installing a new version of reader.
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

This is an Adobe issue, not a SeaMonkey issue.

In Adobe Reader, go to the menu bar and select [Edit > Preferences].
Under Categories on the Preferences window, select Internet.  Clear all
checkboxes under "Web Browser Options".

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

GoogleGroups because of the amount of spam from that
source.