On 7/2/10, Beverly Howard <b...@bevhoward.com> wrote:
>  >> I don't want the adobe reader plugin and this bit in my user.js used
> to accomplish that:  user_pref("plugin.scan.Acrobat", "99.9"); <<
>
> Assuming that this is specifically related to "acrobat" go to
> about:config then filter for "acrobat" and set "plugin.scan.Acrobat" to
> false

Doesn't work for me - either of
  user_pref("plugin.scan.Acrobat", "false");
  user_pref("plugin.scan.Acrobat", false);
in my user.js still has about:plugins saying the acrobat plugins are installed.

> Not sure if it's still necessary, but it also used to be required to
> find _every_ instance of the acrobat plugin (acrobat does not remove old
> acrobat versions when you install updates) and rename every plugin.

My recollection is that setting
  user_pref("plugin.scan.Acrobat", "99.9");
used to be all that was required.  Now, I have to do that =plus=
delete whatever files the acrobat reader update process added to the
seamonkey/plugins directory.

Lee