On 8/16/2010 9:56 AM PT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty typed:

I posted our issue in
http://www.windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=3a053e16-fcfe-4396-a2b4-04bd3db0585f

Ok, let's see what kind of responses you get.

Nothing so far as I expected. :(

I also saw a couple of other people's posts and support replied that
SeaMonkey is unsupported which is bad:
[delete dupe link of above]
http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=abc463ef-70c4-4cf5-bd8c-ea76b2268e96

Not much help there. "However, the current version of Firefox DOES
support the new Hotmail. "  That's a misplaced statement; it should read
"the current version of Hotmail refuses Firefox older than 3.0."  and
refuses SeaMonkey, and refuses every browser except a select few... you
get the picture.

All it would take would be for a Microsoftie to add a few more strings
to the sniffer JavaScript. Should take five minutes .. *if* you could
find a responsible person in Redmond.

No kidding. I see this all the time with a lot of Web sites. I have to refer them to http://www.rossde.com/internet/Webdevelopers.html#sniff that David E. Ross shared on 6/27/2010 in this newsgroup. I actually sent one to ranker.com's web team since they said they didn't support SeaMonkey v2.

It's like you calling up your ISP asking for email config help with
SeaMonkey or Thunderbird or Eudora or ... you get the stock answer "we
only support Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail." But naturally, any
email client will work .. they just don't have scripts for them.

We need to fight them to support SM v2!

..or "support no specific browser; use 'em all!"

Try adding the string "NOT Firefox 3.6.8" to your useragent setting.

Haha. Clever.
--
"An anthill increases by accumulation. / Medicine is consumed by distribution. / That which is feared lessens by association. / This is the thing to understand." --Siddha Nagarjuna
   /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)