Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Tom Pamin wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Tom Pamin wrote:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Try adding the string "NOT Firefox 3.6.8" to your useragent
setting.
Can someone explain how to change the useragent setting? Do you
need PrefBar to do this?
Are you familiar with about:config ? Go there, search for: useragent and find general.useragent.extra.seamonkey Right-click
on it, choose Modify, and add the text  NOT Firefox 3.6.8  at the
end of the string.
No, you don't need the PrefBar for that, but there are many other
nice features of that extension -- including the UA spoofing. You
can even add more UA strings if you wish. From Customize, select
Useragent then click the Edit button in the middle of the two
panels. Add/edit at will.
Does this change affect anything else?
No.  Test your efforts here if you like:
http://tekrider.net/general/tektest.php
Is this how the line should look, with a space after the 9?
SeaMonkey/1.1.19 NOT Firefox 3.6.8

Yes, that looks good. You could add a slash between the word Firefox and
the version number (which I should have included above).
   NOT Firefox/3.6.8

I changed it to that, but the Hotmail page still doesn't work.

Try clearing cookies for hotmail. Maybe they implant something in a
cookie about your browser. I've tried it with my 1.1.17 and it works. My
wife uses SeaMonkey and has a hotmail account.

Also, what should show up on the tekrider page?

Mine says this:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605
SeaMonkey/1.1.17 NOT Firefox/3.6.8
(Ubuntu-1.1.17+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.04.1)

The code on my page just reads the UA string, same as all those other
web sites do, trying to determine your browser. Obviously, it will vary
depending on versions and operating system, but will be very similar.

Thanks - that worked!