On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 10:48:22 +0100, Tony Mechelynck
<antoine.mechely...@gmail.com> in mozilla.support.seamonkey wrote:

>On 07/11/10 09:36, Ray_Net wrote:
>> Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
>>> Sun, 07 Nov 2010 08:44:55 +0100, /Ray_Net/:

>>> So just try this and observe there's no difference:
>>>
>>> 1. While you're composing (in HTML I guess), select Insert -> Image...
>>> and then Choose File... from the file system (rather than pasting an
>>> image from the clipboard);
>>> 2. Do you see any difference?
>>>
>> Yes, this is working ... we can insert a jpg file...
>> but the aim is to "paste" not to insert a file... and this paste insert
>> a pseudo png file. That's the problem ..Lotus Notes cannot render a png
>> picture type if the version is before 8.5 and my recipeint cannot upgrade.
>> Howevedr as i said before ... i think that i found the solution ... just
>> ...we have to wait until Wednesday evening.
>
>If you don't have an image-processing program that can convert PNG to
>something else, then, if you can display the full PNG image onscreen (if
>it isn't too big, that is), try hitting PrtScr then to get a screenshot
>of it, probably in JPEG or maybe BMP format. (You may have to "Paste as
>New Image" in some image-manipulation software, but at least it ought to
>be in some format it understands). Then maybe you can edit that to
>remove unneeded stuff around the image, and insert _that_ (and not the
>clipboard) as an image file.
>
>Best regards,
>Tony.

Tony, as a small piece of now useless knowledge to 99% of the public with
multi-megabit broadband, an MS prtscrn is a BMP image -- meaning it is
ponderously huge, especially when taken from a large display monitor.
(I did a full screen PRTSCRN, which was 1.1meg and converted it to a jpg
which was116kb.)

Also, and off this topic, I was wondering if the JPG is an offshoot of or
utilizes the old RLE internal tech?  Your thought on that?

jim