d...@kd4e.com wrote:
 > Daniel wrote:
as an experiment, the next time you need to send out an email to your
group, open the Addressbook in SeaMonkey, create a new list, (call it
"Newsletter-1" or whatever), add the required email addresses to the
list. Then close the list, and single click on it's name in the
addressbook, then click on "Bcc:" and click o.k..

This is what I have been doing.

Now create your email content, noting that some ISP's require that
there MUST be a "To:" address (I normally stick my own there, so the
recipients get my address twice).

When I do that it eventually gets my E-mail flagged as spam --
I had to stop putting my E-mail in the TO: field.

Sending "BCC:" only has been working fine.

I do not want everybody getting everybody's addresses - that is
the reason to want to force "BCC:" on the sub-list of addresses,
so that can never happen.

So you can receive emails adressed to you from anyone else, but as soon as you address an email to yourself, your ISP spit the dummy at you!! weird!!

I have done enough scripting in the past to beleve that this is
a trivial task -- and if I remembered a whit of code I'd try it
myself -- but I lack the skills and time to do so.

The value-added appears both common and obvious - I don't know
why it is not an option in the Address Book.

....but I believe it is an option, Doc!!

Daniel