David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/17/10 9:13 AM, AJRS wrote:

[....]

There is a work-around --

1.  Go to your SeaMonkey profile.

2.  Open file user.js in a text editor.

3.  Insert the following lines:
        user_pref("signon.startup.prompt", false);
        // don't ask for master password until it's used,
        // bugs #338549, #560792, and #560793
Don't forget to include the semi-colon (;) at the end of the first line.
  The second and third lines are comments to remind you why you did this.

4.  Save user.js.

For this to work, you must completely terminate SeaMonkey and then
relaunch it.

Alternatively --

1.  Enter about:config in the SeaMonkey address area.

2.  Enter signon in the Filter area.

3.  Find and select signon.startup.prompt.

4.  Double-click on the entry to change the value from "true" to "false".

I prefer the user.js method because that allows me to annotate the
change.  I only use the about:config method while testing changes.

Thanks David!

I tried your second method and experienced no change :(

The first method left me a bit stumped. Please could you explain, in a bit more detail, steps 1. and 2.

Thanks.