On 11/18/10 6:36 AM, AJRS wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 11/17/10 9:13 AM, AJRS wrote:
>
> [....]
>>
>> There is a work-around --
>>
>> 1.  Go to your SeaMonkey profile.
>>
>> 2.  Open file user.js in a text editor.
>>
>> 3.  Insert the following lines:
>>      user_pref("signon.startup.prompt", false);
>>      // don't ask for master password until it's used,
>>      // bugs #338549, #560792, and #560793
>> Don't forget to include the semi-colon (;) at the end of the first line.
>>   The second and third lines are comments to remind you why you did this.
>>
>> 4.  Save user.js.
>>
>> For this to work, you must completely terminate SeaMonkey and then
>> relaunch it.
>>
>> Alternatively --
>>
>> 1.  Enter about:config in the SeaMonkey address area.
>>
>> 2.  Enter signon in the Filter area.
>>
>> 3.  Find and select signon.startup.prompt.
>>
>> 4.  Double-click on the entry to change the value from "true" to "false".
>>
>> I prefer the user.js method because that allows me to annotate the
>> change.  I only use the about:config method while testing changes.
>>

> Thanks David!
>
> I tried your second method and experienced no change :(
>
> The first method left me a bit stumped. Please could you explain, in a
> bit more detail, steps 1. and 2.
>
> Thanks.

The two methods accomplish the same thing: setting the preference
variable signon.startup.prompt to "false".

In the user.js method, you must find that file.  It's in your SeaMonkey
profile.  If it does not exist, find prefs.js, which must exist in the
profile; then, create user.js.  NEVER edit prefs.js!  You are apparently
using a Mac, which should have some kind of plain-text editor.  Use that
editor to enter the three lines I indicated.

If this is not working, something may have changed between SeaMonkey
2.0.x and 2.1.x.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.