On 11/18/10 10:46 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 11/18/10 3:12 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>> Can't seem to view this video, wondering if it's me or them...
>>>
>>> The preview picture comes up fine, but when I click the play button, all
>>> I get is an endless spinner. The progress bar doesn't advance, and the
>>> vid doesn't start. After a minute or so, the LAN icon in my tray goes
>>> dark, except for a brief flash every couple of minutes.
>>>
>>> <http://www.tudou.com/v/gxKS_qpHu2k/>
>>>
>>> What say you? Is there a problem with the site, or with my computer?
>>>
>>> I've been able to play tudou vids in the past, and I can play vids from
>>> other sites OK.
>>>
>>> In Internet Exploiter 8, I don't even get the preview picture or the
>>> controls.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> It appears that the server might be a little flakey.  I had to reload
>> the page to get the Flash started.
>
> I've sometimes had that experience with tudou.com -- I think they have
> some js thingie that doesn't work right out of the box.
>
> But if you were able to get it started, that's useful info -- I can't.
> Can you tell me more about your configuration?
>
>> Is this a pirated video?  There was a blurred box in the upper-left
>> corner as if some logo was being hidden.
>
> I think so, but I don't know the precise rules of that game -- it's from
> KBS, posted by fans of the show so other fans can see episodes they
> missed. If I wait around until Monday, I can tape it off the air anyway,
> so no biggie.

My configuration:

Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (Service Pack 3)

800x600 screen

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.15)
Gecko/20101027 SeaMonkey/2.0.10

Cookies for the originating Web site only

Flash 10.1.102.64 (10.1 r102) (but usually blocked with FlashBlock; in
this case, I selected the FlashBlock icon to display the Flash presentation)

Extensions (enabled: 8)
* Adblock Plus 1.2.2 (http://adblockplus.org/)
* DOM Inspector 2.0.8 (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/)
* Find Preferences 1.0
* Flashblock 1.3.17 (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/)
* Live HTTP headers 0.16
* PrefBar 5.1.1 (http://prefbar.mozdev.org/)
* Preserve Download Modification Timestamp 2010.09.12.18
* Show Password On Input 0.1.3
(https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/6143/)
* ShowIP 0.8.19 (http://code.google.com/p/firefox-showip/)

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.