Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Thanks.

I poked around the tudou website, and I don't seem to be able to play
any of their vids anymore. I checked my firewall log, nothing relevant
there, and also looked at my AdBlock rules, and "tudou" is not mentioned
there. I'm rejecting their cookies, but temporarily accepting them
didn't help. SeaMonkey is set to clear all cookies on shutdown (accept
only session cookies), so nothing persists from session to session.

I'm using SM 2.0.10 on WinXP Pro SP3, with the following extensions:

Adblock Plus 1.3.1
Chatzilla 0.9.86
DOM Inspector 2.0.8
JavaScript Debugger 0.9.88.1

I also have (among others) the following relevant plugins:

Shockwave Flash
File name: NPSWF32.dll
Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102

Shockwave for Director
File name: np32dsw.dll
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5

Anyone have any ideas?

Followup: It seems to matter which URL I use to play the videos.

If I use one like in my original post, which has always worked in the past:
    <http://www.tudou.com/v/gxKS_qpHu2k/>
I have trouble; nothing happens.

However, if I convert that URL to this format:
    <http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/gxKS_qpHu2k/>

That one does not work for me.  I get an orange and black screen.

everything works fine.

Go figure...