Daniel F. wrote:

It is quite likely, though, that the fault lies not with seamonkey
itself, but with the "preferred applications" gnome applet, which has
'seamonkey -mail %s' as the default option, when it detects the
presence of /usr/bin/seamonkey on the system. This is currently my
best guess.

Which is what NoOp seemed to suggest as well.

I will try to dupe this with a newer build of Ubuntu to see if it is still a
problem.

If it is still a problem, I might open a bug report directly with Gnome,
bypassing Ubuntu all together.

Thank you Daniel for taking the time to provide verbose input.

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lueck