On 12/10/2010 12:26 AM PT, Lance Courtland typed:

The 2.0.11 update won't install. Going to Help/check for updates
downloads the update.
Restarting SM, gives this error:

"The update could not be installed. Please make sure there are no other
copies of SeaMonkey running on your computer, and then restart SeaMonkey
to try again."

I know there are no other copies of SM running.

Windows XP Pro
Updating from SM 2.0.10

I do *always*:
- re-boot and don't start SM.
- uninstall SM.
- re-boot.
- install the news SM version.

Rebooting the computer fixed the install, although I have never had to
do that before.

That happened once to me with a previous version updater. :/
--
"Many ants kill a camel." --Turkish
   /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)