Ken a écrit :

But when I re-booted the computer and after the supposedly upgraded SM
asked about my various preferences and stuff like that, I eventually
decided to click on Help/About SeaMonkey. Surprise. It still shows my
version to be 1.1.16.

Yet my Norton System Doctor shows a drop of over 1000MB in available space.

Are you sure you launched the right version of the software? Unless you uninstalled 1.1.16, it's still on your computer as well as 2.0.11. If the shortcut hasn't been replaced, than using it will launch the older SM rather than the newer one.

S.