Daniel wrote:
Mort wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a great deal of trouble with one netbook that will not send
e-mails. A computer expert has asked me the above question, which I
cannot answer. I guess that his idea is to export the settings from my
"good" computer to the "bad" computer in an attempt to correct the
problem.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Mort Linder

Hi to all who answered me. Through Googling for several hours, I have
solved my problem. I could not send e-mails because of Avast antivirus
software, which blocked my outgoing e-mails. Following a tip from a
5-year old post, I unchecked the Avast box about scanning outgoing mail,
and voila, I can now send e-mails. Go figure.

Thanks again.

Mort Linder

Why would you want to be scanning your outgoing mail?? Unless, of
course, you knew you were infected!!

Daniel

Hi,

I did not know that Avast was scanning my outgoing mail, until I found that old pst via Google. There are so very many things to set up and choose with Windows, that I can't keep up with all of them. The problem was that Avast was scanning my outgoing mail on my 3 computers,and it only was a problem on one of the three. Go figure. Of course, I immediately unchecked the outgoing scan box on all 3 PCs.

Thanks again for your help and  your comments.

Mort