PhillipJones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
On 4/19/2011 11:08 AM, upscope wrote:
As a fairly new user of SeaMonkey can I as why x86_64 is not
supported.
I have been running SeaMonkey(2.0.13) on my openSUSE 11.4 Linux system
and have not really experience many problems. Main problem I've
seen is
distribution lists do not always import csv files correctly.

Can I install 2.0.14 in parallel with 2.0.13.

Because we don't have the hardware (at the moment) to run the full test
suite/etc. on linux64. And we do not feel comfortable officially
supporting a build we don't run tests on.

as of this year all Mac Computers with Intel chips are 64 bit only X.6.5
and up are 64 bit.

I think more correctly that they are 64 bit capable; but the default
boot is still 32 bit, even under 10.6.7. Only the XServe will boot
directly into 64 bit mode by default.

Also, whether or not an Intel Mac is capable of 64 bit boot is still
dependent on firmware and hardware configuration - some of the older
ones are not, even though they can still run 10.6.7. So not "all" of the
Intel ones out there (just because of the OS), just all of the latest
ones.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3696

In order to do a 64 bit mode boot, you need to hold the "6" and "4" keys
down at startup, or use a utility like Startup Mode Selector to get 64
bit boot by default -

http://www.ahatfullofsky.comuv.com/English/Programs/SMS/SMS.html

I have two that are 64 bit capable (iMac and a Macbook Pro; both Core 2
Duo) but I haven't tried 64 bit mode on either of them.

Mine MacBook Pro 17" I bought I Feb says 64bit Processor (i7) and the
system explained run native in 64 bit. in order to run 32 bit you have
restart with a key combination that includes the numbers 3 and 2

Yes...and I just went looking and found my iMac won't boot 64 bit mode but my Macbook pro will. My iMac is hardware capable, but it's firmware doesn't support it.

However, I also found out a way via Terminal command to make my Macbook Pro boot 64 bit mode by default, or as I choose...gonna do that now, as my 'Book sure feels snappier in 64 bit mode -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3773

--
     - Rufus