Robert Kaiser wrote:
Rufus schrieb:
Both machines are running 10.6.7 - you can't really say that 10.6 is "64
bit boot by default" without knowing a bit more about what machine it's
being run on.

Oh, well. Still, AFAIK, when a universal binary is 32bit+64bit, like
SeaMonkey 2.1* versions are, then 64bit is used by default when you run
the OS in 64bit mode (but you can run in 32bit mode optionally), while
32bit is always used when you run the OS in 32bit mode.

Yes, I believe that's true. But what needs to be kept in mind is that OS 10.6 is not "64 bit by default" as had been stated previously in that it does not "always" boot using the 64 bit kernel.

That was my real point, as far as testing requirements go - there are *lots* of Intel Macs out there that will be running 10.6.x in 32 bit mode by default, and/or because they can't boot in 64 bit mode. What will happen when Lion is released is anybody's guess at this point...I guess...

In the Info window for some apps there's a checkbox for "Launch in 32
bit mode" once you're in 64 bit boot, but I didn't see such for SM
2.0.13 after I booted my MBP in 64 bit mode.

Sure, 2.0.* don't support 64bit on Mac, only 2.1* do.
 From 2.0 to 2.1, we dropped PPC support but instead added 64bit support.

Robert Kaiser

...and I guess that's my real question - even though it's no longer UB, it's still 32/64 bit bilingual? And I assume with the launch mode selection in the Info pane?..which I'm guessing is handled by the OS itself...

--
     - Rufus