Your problem, as others have alluded to, sounds like a dirty touch pad.
Drivers won't fix this and cleaning might. Usually the issue is dirt under the lap top bezel or the capacitance plates bent/squashed. Moisture can also cause this problem.

To fix the former you have to remove the touch pad from the lap top and clean the covered up part. To fix the latter you need a new touch pad.

The way to figure out if this is the problem is to boot into the bios (boot holding down delete or F2 or whatever your lap top uses) then in the bios disable the internal touch pad. Now use an external mouse. If the problem goes away then you know it is the touch pad.

Good luck

Hawker