Mort wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Mort, how long have you had this computer with the touchpad?? As I was
reading your post, I was about to ask if you had a touchpad, because I'm
fairly sure that's where your problem lies.

Hi,

The laptop is about 5 years old. Toshiba repaired it a few months ago,
when some internal pieces went, causing a blank screen. The problem
anteceded that repair, however. I try to be very careful when using the
touchpad, to avoid inadvertently brushing against it.

I have a new, smaller laptop that I use mostly when on the road. I will
use that one as my home based computer for a few days, to see if it has
the same typing problem or not. I may well have to go over to a mouse,
as I certainly do not want to throw any more repair money into this old
laptop.

Thanks to all the nice guys who responded; I do appreciate all the
helpful messages.

Mort

Hi,

I tried typing with my new smaller laptop, and indeed it works flawlessly, even though it also has a touchpad. You were all correct, for which I thank you again. I'll try to get a mouse for that old laptop, while I ponder when I should replace it with a more modern unit.

Thanks again.

Mort Linder