Norman Fuchs wrote:
In a recent thread ("Windows 7 crashes") the comment was made that

User-agent will let SM pretend to be "Firefox/3.6" and soon all Comcast
users will have to do that!

My PrefBar only lists some very old browsers: Moz 1.7.13 Lin, NS 4.7
Mac, NS 6.2 Lin, IE 6.0 WinXP, SM 1.0.8 Lin, FF 2.0.0.2 Lin, and Lynx.
I'm running SM 2.0.14, and when I click on "find updates" for PrefBar,
I'm told "No updates were found."

So, how can I get User-agent to spoof more recent versions of browsers?

I prefer User Agent Switcher -

http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/

It says "Firefox version", but it work with SM. It will allow you to keep lists of the strings you like to spoof. Nice feature is that it also always returns to default on exit.

Easy way to get strings without constructing them yourself is to navigate here using the browser you'd like to spoof and copy it's string -

http://www.useragentstring.com/

Other than that there's a lot of useful info here on constructing UA strings.

--
     - Rufus