Ed Mullen wrote:
Good question. I've been seeing this for months now. I believe it has
something to do with the mail component in SM. If I run just the browser
it's fine. Once I run mail, however, I see these periodic freezes. I've
tried turning off automatic mail and news refresh/message download to no
avail.

If you close all mail windows then the mail part of SeaMonkey does not do anything? I would think so, but I tried this one time and it did not seem to help.

I do have a lot of mail accounts and (especially) newsgroup accounts.

--
David Wilkinson