hawker wrote:

As a side note: I hate to complain here. I find most of the complaining here to
be unwarranted. To read this forum when SM went from 1.x to 2.0 the sky was
falling. Most of the "show stoppers" I hear were issues I never saw, or felt
were not a big deal. So most of the gloom and doom I read here I felt was just
over reacting on peoples part. Example the changes to the forum manager were
really not that big a deal.

That seems to have changed for me in 2.2. I now see several odd behaviors....

It's amazing how differently users react to these changes.

I'm glad the loss of the form manager didn't affect you, whereas it was a deal-killer for me. I skipped 2.0 and 2.1 for that single reason.

Yet my recent switch from 1.1.19 to 2.2, while far from pain-free, has been a wonderful improvement for me, in ways too numerous to mention.

Forms are still a problem, but I've had zero stability problems and truly appreciate most of the enhancements that I've tried so far.