[This is mostly for Philip et al. since Callek surely knows or can find out himself.]

Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
Though the "Why ... three levels of zoom" I recall us describing the why
many times; Us mentioning a bug #; and (recently) one of our newsgroup
readers actually FIXING that "issue" with code and a solution that
satisfied our requirements of a localisable Zoom Menu. Sadly I cannot
remember for certain which SeaMonkey version is the first to carry that
fix, (I *think* 2.4 but I may be wrong)

AFAICS it's 2.5 (current trunk) that will have seven levels in the plus direction and 4 in the negative direction again by default. Current Aurora nightlies (to-be 2.4) still have 3/3. Note: When upgrading, you'll need to reset the toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues pref manually (e.g. using about:config) and then restart SeaMonkey.

I don't know which but one of the following bugs should be the one: 635179, 672146, 621823, 667529, 667525.

And lastly tabs, are not being "forced" on our users, they are being
enabled by default. And the default menu orderings being changed to
reflect that in some cases. [Users worldwide and across many browsers
have a strong liking for tabs]. But any piece of our code that does not
respect the tab prefs, is a bug and if we are made aware of it, we plan
to fix it as soon as possible. [This means that if a tab is *forced* on
you, not if we *allow* tabs to be chosen/used, fwiw]

IOW, for things like Add-ons Manager and Data Manager (called from different places!), corresponding bugs need to be filed if not already present. No bug, no change.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>