Ed Mullen wrote:
Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

Jens Hatlak wrote:

> [This is mostly for Philip et al. since Callek surely knows or can
find out himself.]

> AFAICS it's 2.5 (current trunk) that will have seven levels in the
plus direction and 4 in the negative direction again by default. Current
Aurora nightlies (to-be 2.4) still have 3/3. Note: When upgrading,
you'll need to reset the toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues pref manually
(e.g. using about:config) and then restart SeaMonkey.

OK, thank you. I have tried with Seamonkey 2.2, using :

toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues : 0.125,0.25,0.5,1.0,2.0,4.0,8.0
zoom.minPercent : 12
zoom.maxPercent : 800

and now see exactly three levels of zoom in total
(default, +, -). Presumably this is expected at
the Rev 2.2 level and I can't expect anything
closer to what I need until Seamonkey 2.5 hits
the streets.

> IOW, for things like Add-ons Manager and Data Manager (called from
different places!), corresponding bugs need to be filed if not already
present. No bug, no change.

Will do.
Philip Taylor

What is unacceptable is that the user can no longer set his/her own
values for toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues.

For me the forced values don't work. As I've said here before I don't
care about the localization issue (View - Text Zoom wouldn't show the
user-set values. And that was Kairo's answer for this forced change.

The code ignores a user-set value in user.js and/or prefs.js and reverts
to the default only to make sure the View - Text Zoom menu values are
right. It ignores what the user wants.

Ignore what the user wants?

I will make no comment on the sensibility of such software design other
than to say: Stop telling me what I want and how I should set up my
computer.

Ed I *did* say that it is no longer doing that, (the bug is fixed) please stop spreading this diatribe, thanks.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)