Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) schrieb:
But would it not help to prevent
unjustified criticism if the rationale for each
change were documented in the release notes ?

I don't think so, esp. as AFAIK the changes page of the release notes already links all the bug reports and those usually state the reason. Also, I can't see who could volunteer his/her time to write up the tons of documentation you want. I'm pretty sure the handful of people who'd even read that are not worth the time of a volunteer when the same person could improve code or help content instead.

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community should think about. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)