Philip TAYLOR wrote:

Jim Taylor wrote:

 > If you enter http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ into the
address
 > bar and go there directly does it show and check your plugins? On mine
 > it does, and of course the link is working for me also.

Rather disturbingly, no, Jim : it tells me it is checking Firefox
plugins, not Seamonkey ... Same for both 2.0.14 and 2.4.1.

 > Check Your Plugins
 >
 > Keeping your third-party plugins up to date helps Firefox run
safely and smoothly.

Philip Taylor

I get that same page, it says Firefox, but it is checking my SeaMonkey plugins (I don't have Firefox installed). Pasted below is what I get from that page with SeaMonkey 2.4.1 (without the graphics of course).

Check Your Plugins

Keeping your third-party plugins up to date helps Firefox run safely and smoothly.

    Step 1: Click Update to update a plugin.
Step 2: Complete all recommended updates before restarting your browser.

Plugin Details  Status  Action
Vulnerable plugins:
Plugin Icon
Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1         Vulnerable (more info)  Update Now
Plugin Icon
Shockwave for Director
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.1.629 Vulnerable (more info) Update Now
Plugin Icon
Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin
np-mswmp        1.0.0.8         Up to Date
Plugin Icon
Silverlight Plug-In
4.0.60831.0     4.0.60831.0     Up to Date
Plugin Icon
Adobe Acrobat
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1       10.1.1.33       Up to
Date
Plugin Icon
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U29
Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers 1.6.0.29 Up to Date
Plugin Icon
Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.290.11
NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy    1.6.0.29        Up to
Date
Plugin Icon
QuickTime Plug-in 7.7.1
The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site. 7.7.1.0 Up to Date
Plugin Icon
Hulu Desktop
The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application. Unknown plugin Research
Plugin Icon
Windows Live™ Photo Gallery
NPWLPG  Unknown plugin  Research
Plugin Icon
Google Update
Google Update   Unknown plugin  Research
Plugin Icon
Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator
Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14 Unknown plugin Research
Plugin Icon
Google Talk Plugin
Version 2.5.6.4871      Unknown plugin  Research
Plugin Tips

    What is a plugin?
    Why should I update my plugins?
    How can Firefox help me?
    Which plugins do I have?
    How do I disable a plugin?

Help Us Out

    Grab a badge to spread the word about plugins
    Get More Information about this project

Need Help?

    Visit support.mozilla.com
    Read support articles about plugins

    Get Monthly News

Subscribe to monthly email updates and keep current with Mozilla news, including details about new and innovative plug-ins!
    »

Return to Top