Hartmut Figge wrote:
David E. Ross:

More important, going to [Tools>  Add-ons Manager] on the SeaMonkey menu
bar and selecting the Plugins icon in the left margin shows a list of
plugins.  At the top of the list, there seems to be a link "Check to see
if your plugins are up to date".  This is underlined and in the color of
an unvisited link; hovering my cursor over it turns my cursor into a
hand, further indicating a link.  Disabling CSS shows that this is a
button.  In any case, this link is a no-op;

Time for a screenshot.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/pl111119.png

I wrote about this link 'Check... ' and i do hope that there was no
misunderstanding by the others. ;)

Well, this link works on my 2.8.a1.

hovering my cursor over it shows no URI in the status bar.

Same here.

Hartmut

That is the link that I was referring to that works for me in 2.4.1 and after restarting SeaMonkey it now shows the correct url in the address bar ( http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ ) also.

Jim