Hi!

Over two weeks ago, I redid my Debian from scratch with a 64-bit installation and using stable only. I was going to use its IceApe (Debian's name for SeaMonkey), but it was way too old (v2.0.11 -- older than the final .14 for v2.0.x and it was time to move onto v2.5 or whatever the newest!).

I extracted the downloaded Mozilla's seamonkey-2.5.tar.bz2 copy into a local custom directory. I was unable to run it:

$ pwd
/home/fool/bin/seamonkey2

$ ./seamonkey
./seamonkey-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ ./seamonkey-bin
./seamonkey-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ locate libdbus-glib-1.so.2
/usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2
/usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2.1.0

$ locate libxul.so
/home/fool/bin/seamonkey2/libxul.so
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.1/libxul.so
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2/libxul.so

What's the problem? Maybe I shouldn't use Mozilla's binary, but I could not find an official Debian package of the latest SeaMonkey version. I even checked in http://mozilla.debian.net/ (got its latest IceWeasel (aka Firefox) v3.6.24 though), but it doesn't do IceApe/SeaMonkey. :(

Thank you in advance. :)