On 12/11/2011 8:56 AM PT, Jens Hatlak typed:

$ ./seamonkey
../seamonkey-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Sounds like you're trying to run the standard 32-bit version on your
64-bit OS. Cf.:

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ia32-libs/+bug/253430>

$ ./seamonkey-bin
../seamonkey-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxul.so:

Well sure, the seamonkey-bin file is not to be used, you need to run the
seamonkey script which sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH or whatever is necessary to
find the libxul.so library contained in the SM application directory!

$ locate libdbus-glib-1.so.2
/usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2
/usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2.1.0

These are probably the 64-bit versions of the lib.

What's the problem? Maybe I shouldn't use Mozilla's binary, but I could
not find an official Debian package of the latest SeaMonkey version.

Unless I'm wrong, your options are:
a) update the Debian package that provides the 32-bit libraries, or
install additional packages that provide the above library
b) upgrade Debian altogether
c) try the unofficial 64-bit Linux packages from the Contributed builds
section of the SM download page [but if you run into plugin issues,
don't ask me!]

Interesting. Is there a 64-bit SM2.5+ then?
--
"Bother," said Winnie the Pooh, as he stepped on an ant.