DoctorBill:

the numerous responses,

*g*

> I would suppose:
>
>1. No one has had this problem before me.

Not exactly.

>2. No one knows what is going on.

I can guess. AFAIR you have recently migrated from a very old SM to a
current one.

>3. No one G.A.S.

That one i don't understand. Never mind.

My time of the migration was long ago and i have forgotten most of it by
now. I remember filing a bug about the migration of the passwords and
that this bug was fixed.

Formerly passwords and usernames were stored in a file named <numbers>.s
and later in a file named signons3.txt. There may have been interim stages.

Now the access dates are contained in the signons.sqlite which was
created by the migration from one of these old files. If there was a
signons3.txt this one was taken to create the signons.sqlite.

Now, all the old files are pure text files which can easily be read and
edited. Just that had i done before filing my bug and i had gathered
enough information from that to show where the migration failed.

You should have at least one of the old files in your profile. Now,
before going further, make a backup of them and your new signons.sqlite!
I am doing this by custom by appending a -s to the original name.

It seems that there are some strange entries in your old text file. Look
into it after closing your SM, try to understand what is in it, modify
it, delete your signons.sqlite and then start your SM. A new
signons.sqlite will be created automatically from your modified file.

Here is an example from my own signons3.txt:

---
.
http://bugs.gentoo.org
Bugzilla_login
secret
*Bugzilla_password
secret

---
.
http://bugs.winehq.org
Bugzilla_login
secret
*Bugzilla_password
secret

---

You can see that the entries are separated by three dashes. As for the
secrets, they are obscured by using Base64. It wasn't that difficult for
me to find out what to try to change.

And, you can repeat trying as long as you wish because you have backups.
Good Luck. :)

Hartmut