Rufus wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 01/30/2012 05:51 PM, Rufus wrote:
Does SM check servers in the background without informing the user?

<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/legal/privacy>

I was thinking more in terms of just plain house-keeping - like a mail
server or network ping or something.

I have my cookies clamped down pretty tight, and the behavior seems to
occur truely at random - I can't pin it to a specific site or Browser vs
Mail/News activity. All of my add-ons are things like No-Script,
Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, etc. but this happens with or without them
enabled.

...and I've turned off all SM updates checks here in my 2.0.14 install
and it just happened again this session as I was typing this.

I expect the same in my 2.6.1 install (since I've the same there, but
not with all SM auto-updating turned off - probably will before I turn
in tonight), but I need to watch and observe it some more yet. And I
haven't opted-in for any of the location aware features either.

I'll submit a formal bug after I've used 2.6.1 and up a week or so
more...this used to work in previous versions and got broken somewhere.

...well, as I predicted it just happened with all updating shut off in my 2.6.1 install. I'll let it happen a few more times, then I'll write a formal bug. I can't think of anything overt that could be going on to cause the call for my Master.

--
     - Rufus