Ray_Net wrote:
Bzzz wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Iceape, which is the SM port under Debian Linux;
2 days ago it was upgraded to 2.7.1.

 From this upgrade, I noticed several *very* disagreeable things:

* SM became bloated with pages using many JS (which I block w/
   NoScript), exactly as FireFox did some weeks ago.
   Even not browsing does the bloat: just having the active tab
   w/ such a site is enough to rot a SM window switch.
   It was working perfectly w/ the former version...,

* Cookies were almost easy to suppress in the former version
   (almost because asking "are you sure" when people has hit
   "delete all cookies" seemed "strange"), but yesterday I spent
   more than 5 minutes to do the same, as now they are separated
   by sites,

* And the same for password that are now separated by sites.

Is the dev team aligning on the same policy as Gnome3 ("we know
what's good for you")?

So, what is the next stage: including mandatory flash commercials
into menu lines???

Please, tell me why a good browser is turning to a piece of shit?

Jiff
Because the developpers knows better than you what is good for you :-(
I have also to add that they need votes for solving a bug, but they don't need votes for a change.

I was responsible of a 4GL suite .. and we do the exact inverse !