nikolam wrote:
I am not sure what is actually going on,
but since last few updates of Seamonkey, I have a problem with
periodically Seamonkey being unresponsive with large disk access
for about up to an minute or more.

During that time everything is frozen in Seamonkey and during that time,
there is large disk usage from Seamonkey and I need to wait for SM to
stop molesting HDD and actually do something I am doing (writing,
viewing pages, etc).

It happens periodically and is really killing my productivity.
There was at least several times for the past few months, when Seamonkey
was frozen for a minute or something and I needed information from my
browser/e=mail/calendar etc, THAT SECOND (while on the telephone with
someone, etc).

I do not know what changes are causing all that locking disk usage of
Seamonkey - he already is using 1 GB of RAM (!).

I think I observed similar hogs/locks with disk access also in latest
Firefox on same Linux x86_64 Amd64 Xubuntu 10.04.4 LTS machine.

I've been running with my disk caches set to zero for years, and still do.

--
     - Rufus