Jens Hatlak wrote:
Zanqeutil wrote:
I'm back to Seamonkey 2.7.2 and everything is fine again, no more
distracting wait-icon-cursors in the newsgroups.

Well, isn't that a bit overreacting? You're jeopardizing your security
for something as simple as a busy cursor. Let's compare:

a) 2.7.x: exposed to 8 security issues only fixed in SM 2.8:
<https://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey.html>

b) 2.8: busy cursor (wallpaper fix: toggle ui.use_activity_cursor in
about:config).

HTH

Jens

If there is anything a user can definitely "workaround" it's security, IMO. If a user is savvy and knows what and what not to do to stay safe, then yeah - going back to 2.7.2 to avoid a really annoying interface bug (or two, in my Mac case) is just as viable a "workaround" as telling someone to "get over it" for the sake of security. My PPC machines are stuck with SM 2.0.14 now, and I'm not sweating that.

In the end it's up to the user to know their own risks, and to make their own decisions. I've gone back to 2.7.2 myself...when the OS X interface bugs that are annoying me are fixed (the Minimize and Spaces ones, I'm not seeing the wait cursor issue), I'll move up.

--
     - Rufus