Jens Hatlak schreef:
Zanqeutil wrote:
I'm back to Seamonkey 2.7.2 and everything is fine again, no more
distracting wait-icon-cursors in the newsgroups.

Well, isn't that a bit overreacting? You're jeopardizing your security
for something as simple as a busy cursor. Let's compare:

a) 2.7.x: exposed to 8 security issues only fixed in SM 2.8:
<https://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey.html>

b) 2.8: busy cursor (wallpaper fix: toggle ui.use_activity_cursor in
about:config).

HTH

Jens

Jens, come on, SM 2.7.2 is not that old and 2.8 repaires some vulnerability's. There are threats in the waiting we still don't know yet. But they sure will be repaired when they are discovered :-)

But I absolutely agree, security has or should always have priority.
But I don't agree as you state "something as simply as a busy cursor"

I read a lot of newsgroups. I found it irritating and distracting.
So I decided to revert back to SM 2.7.2

I did not know about this setting: ui.use_activity_cursor.

I will set it to false and see what it does.

Thanks for pointing me to this one.

Regards,

Zanqeutil