"Chris Ilias" <n...@ilias.ca> wrote in message
news:fo2dnunmh4lpvuvsnz2dnuvz_qedn...@mozilla.org...
> I've finished updating <http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/>!
>
> Aside from content now being up to date, the big change is that it is
> mostly screencasts. I've written a blog post about it at
> <http://ilias.ca/blog/2012/03/seamonkey-help-is-back-with-screencasts/>.
>
> --
> Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
> Newsgroup moderator

I just get a blank page when going to your site both in Fx 10 Enterprise and
SM 2.6.1 on two different computers both running XP Pro. Mozilla in its
"wisdom" saw fit to blacklist my video driver which does HTML5 just fine on
Opera and had passed all Mozilla tests for HTML5 until Mozilla decided to
blacklist it and then, of course, the HTML5 tests no longer worked. I have
zero interest in updating my video driver. I like the version I use and have
specific reasons for why I use this version of nVidia nForce driver.  I
would never have blamed Mozilla if my video driver caused Fx or SM to crash
so I don't think Mozilla should arbitrarily placed video drivers older than
the date they chose on a black list as some very old drivers work fine with
HTML5 yet Mozilla put them on the black list. (I didn't blame Mozilla when
Fx4 was crashing constantly a year ago and it turned out to be nVidia's
nView that I love greatly but I had to disable it forever if I wanted to use
Fx4 and above. I lost 50% of the functionality of my video card just to be
able to use Fx4 but I didn't blame Mozilla so I certainly would not have
blamed Mozilla if my video driver had problems with HTML5 on Fx or SM. Thus,
I don't think Mozilla should have placed any video card driver versions on a
black list.

So, I can't use your help site unless I use Opera there which sort of
defeats the purpose. When I get a new computer (waiting for OEMs to get Ivy
Bridge processors) I guess the issue will be moot on the new computer. I
think it is a shame you chose to make video only as I can't learn that way.
I am a reader not a movie watcher. I want a help site to have text and
screenshots. I rarely use Flash Player and don't even have it installed
except on IE for my ISP's speed test but otherwise I don't want FP and HTML5
is probably going to be even worse than FP as far as never ending security
issues go and privacy invasion for the user so I disagree strongly with your
decision to make your help site HTML5 dependent.