This problem is probably specific to Opensuse 11.2 Evergreen. The current level is seamonkey-2.6.1-1.1.i586, but I have had this problem for a while - older levels were definitely affected.

I have 3 systems running 11.2 Evergreen. Two are 32-bit systems and the third is running the 64-bit version. All three have the same problem.

When I want to send a mail I have prepared, Seamonkey dies immediately. The Browser window(s), Mail window, all gone. Restarting reopens my browser sessions but the version of the mail in "Drafts" is a few minutes old.
The only error messages I see are the two lines below:

seamonkey-bin: misc.c:39: px_malloc0: Assertion `mem != ((void *)0)' failed.
/usr/bin/seamonkey: line 127: 4213 Aborted $MOZ_PROGRAM "$@"

My suspicion is that Seamonkey is depending on some feature of glibc (or similar) which my older version does not provide.
glibc-2.10.1-10.11.1.i586

Obviously the level information is for one of the 32-bit systems. All three systems are kept "up to date". I'm just guessing as to the cause, could someone who understands this stuff say more?

Thanks