Kevin L. Hill wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:45:16 -0400, BIll Spikowski wrote:

My only problem occurs when I leave my office and for some reason need
to leave a SM browser window open; in that case, I've closed the SM
mail window because I do not want email downloaded from the server
when I'm out of the office (I need to monitor it on my Blackberry or
on my laptop or at home). It seems that the setting in the subject
line of this thread was created for people in my exact situation, if
I'm understanding it correctly. If I could make it work, I'd be even
more deliriously happy with Seamonkey!

Have you experimented with the options to "Leave the messages on the
server" also located in the tab for "Server Settings"?  If that box is checked
on
your office machine, then all emails will remain on the server and can be
downloaded by your Blackberry and/or home computer.   If you check the
sub-option "Until I delete them", then deleting the local copy in SeaMonkey,
will remove the email from the server.  I have not tried the option "For at most
'X' days" but I assume that would leave messages on the server for a
maximum of 'X' days.

While this would make emails available to your Blackberry and home
computer, it might create other problems.  You will end up with more than one
local copy of many emails.

Best wishes,

Kevin
Kevin L. Hill
Long Beach, CA

That's what I do for multiple machines. Works great, and I only end up with one local copy on each machine - SM is smart enough to remember what it's already downloaded and not grab a second copy on the same machine. (Mac Mail.app has an option to leave messages on the server until they are moved from the Inbox, in addition to "until deleted locally" - I'd like to see this option in SM Mail...hint, hint...)

The only thing you need pay attention to is not to use your primary machine to delete messages from the server until you have retrieved and filed them on each machine you'd like to have a copy on.

--
     - Rufus