WLS wrote, On 23/06/2012 17:27:
On 06/23/2012 11:15 AM, Ken Rudolph wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ken Rudolph wrote:

Win 7, SM 2.10.1

So, despite everything, apparently Flash got updated to 11.3 AGAIN, this
time without my permission.  And of course all the usability of flash
files in SeaMonkey disappeared.  This time I learned from my previous
mistakes. Rather than going back to the last Windows restore point (sort
of like killing a mosquito with a shotgun) I uninstalled version 11.3,
went to the Adobe site and found the previous 11.2 version (it was a
159M zip file, of course, just to make things difficult).  Downloaded
that, unzipped it and chose the "Netscape" version of the 64bit .exe
program, installed that...and lo, and behold, I have my Flash videos
back!

Now when is somebody going to get Adobe to fix this?  Obviously it still
is broken and this is getting really old now. I guess it doesn't help
that for some reason sometimes the Flash 11.3 version works for some
people.  But I know I'm not alone...and it has happened to me TWICE! I
can't believe there isn't a bigger hue and cry
  about this, and Adobe
isn't begging our forgiveness, let alone fixing the problem.
I have Win 7 and SM 2.10.1, and have never had a problem with Flash (my
current version is 11.3). So there must be something else involved.

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0)
Gecko/20120615 Firefox/13.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.10.1
Same.
Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), fully patched.
Same.
Could you post some links to sites that don't work?
Try YouTube, Facebook, hbogo.com, and every other video site that uses
Flash.  Every single one of these sites in every browser (SeaMonkey,
Firefox and Internet Explorer) when I have Flash 11.3 installed (but not
Chrome, which doesn't have the problem). Trying to run a video just
gives a blank (either black or white depending) screen, sometimes with a
notice that "An error occurred.  Please try again later" sometimes just
blank.  The problem disappears with Flash 11.2 installed; then all Flash
sites work, no problem.
How about a list of your add-ons?
I don't think I have any add-ons.  At least none that I have purposely
added.
If there's something peculiar about your setup, that would explain why
there's no "hue and cry" -- because the rest of us aren't suffering.
 From previous threads (started when hbogo.com wouldn't approximately a
week ago) I know that others have this problem too (but not everybody).
  Robert Kaiser responded that Adobe knows of the problem and is working
on it.  I've also read elsewhere that both Mozilla and Adobe are working
together to fix this but can't find the solution.  I'm glad for you that
you don't have this problem.

The solution was found according to this news article.

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Adobe-updates-Flash-Player-11-3-to-fix-Firefox-crashing-problem-1623783.html

This new version of flash player .....
Will stop creating entries in the C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\<generated-string>.default\minidumps\ directory ?
If yes... read the rest of this post.

Secondly i read from the site you gives:
Existing users with the built-in background updater for Windows <http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/background-updater-windows.html> enabled should automatically be upgraded to the new release.

I did not have background-updater and i am surprised that the non-background auto-update-with-asking-to-update did not initiate a try to upgrade. Should i need to use this: "Alternatively, Flash Player 11.3.300.262 is available to download from get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ <http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/>." ?