On 08/23/2012 12:24 PM, sean nathan wrote:
> WLS wrote:
>> On 08/19/2012 01:20 PM, WLS wrote:
>>> On 08/19/2012 01:08 PM, Russ Fineman wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>>> Do you just want to disable Firefox compatibility, or make a change, and
>>> why?
>>>
>>> Disabling Firefox compatibility can be found in Advanced preferences,
>>> under HTTP Networking > User Agent String. Just remove the check from
>>> the box.
>>>

>> You can also install User Agent Switcher, and spoof other browsers, or
>> create a UA of your own.
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/user-agent-switcher/
>>
>> It will install in SeaMonkey 2.11, just click the + Add to SeaMonkey
>> button, then the Install Anyway button.
>>
>> There is an option to create your own UA with that extension.
>>
>> Use with caution, and backup your profile first.
>>

> so, should we be asking what's wrong with the Seamonkey addons page or
> our build ID string when the Seamonkey addons page tells us an addon
> isn't available for Firefox 2.11?
>
> its mindboggling to me that our own page can't recognize its own browser...
>
> sean

====
 User Agent Switcher 0.7.3
by chrispederick

The User Agent Switcher extension adds a menu and a toolbar button to
switch the user agent of a browser.

Add to SeaMonkey
Not available for SeaMonkey 2.11
====

But it doesn't complain here:
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/>

That said, it's quite possible that the addon developer is simply tired
of trying to support Mozilla (and "Mozilla/non-Mozilla Projects -0  like
SeaMonkey') with 'rabid release' schedules.