NoOp wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 08:25 PM, Paddlefoot wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes.

>>> Ummm - emptying & compacting remove deleted messages. There are only 20
>>> messages on the server and the inbox on the account. Another account is
>>> used for testing purposes only & has 1 (one) text test message.

>> Could it be a port conflict?  Check your IMAP entries in /etc/services
>> and /etc/inetd.conf (or your distro's equivalent) versus your SeaMonkey
>> configuration.
>>

> Nah. I can fetch & use IMAP to the exact same accounts via Opera, Zimbra
> Desktop & multiple mobile applications. But thanks for the suggestion; I
> gues I'll have to dust off the session logging...
> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Session_logging_for_mail/news>
> this weekend.

Last thought.  Do you use SpamAssassin?  I use procmail and have
spamassassin process all incoming to the IMAP server:

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /usr/local/bin/spamassassin

I noticed at one time I was getting a severe CPU spike do to a
misconfiguration in SA - actually I had upgraded perl and not rebuilt SA.

Still - I don't see why this would effect SM and not the others...

--
Carbon:  Father of the elements.