Jens Hatlak wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Link (2)  gives the very detailed comment that "Nothing but security
fixes" and link (3) just mentions SM 2.13.1 but gives no differences
between SM 2.13 and SM 2.13.1 and the wiki page is as good as blank!!

Changes between minor versions of a release are only to be found on the
Changes page. And "Nothing but security fixes" is exactly what changed
between 2.13 and 2.13.1. There's no point in describing it in more
detail there since the details of security bugs are, like in this case
where mainly a JavaScript security issue was fixed, often not easy to
understand or explain anyway. Or do you understand what "defaultValue
security checks not applied" means?

Gee, Jens, I'm* guessing* that there are normally a particular group of security settings applied, but, in development, someone turned these off and then someone forgot to turn these settings back on!! But I could be wrong!!

I know it's all security related but some details would be nice!!

As always, the following lists the security issues that were fixed:

<http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey.html>

(linked from the Release Notes as "Security Advisories for SeaMonkey")

HTH

Jens

Jens, great, this page does give some details as to what was done and why, so why isn't this page linked to in the release notification e-mail or news post??

(and I looked, but could not find where it was (linked from the Release Notes as "Security Advisories for SeaMonkey") - Sorry, change that to "I had to look bloody hard to find that wording!!")

--
Daniel