NoOp:
>On 11/17/2012 03:29 PM, WaltS wrote:
>> On 11/17/2012 06:25 PM, NoOp wrote:

>>> <http://www.ilias.ca/archive/mozilla/mailnewsfaq/QuoteTextColour>
>>>

>> That works in the composition window?
>>

>It thought it might, but I can't get that (or Hartmut's) suggestion to
>work. I'll have to try in a new profile.

Shall we investigate why my suggestion does not work for you?

Did you already have a userContent.css with some working entries there?
If so and you appended my 4 lines at the bottom of the file it may be,
that previous lines contains a syntax error. In that case my lines will
never be reached. It may suffice to move my 4 lines to the top.

Or you could rename your old userContent.css to userContent.css-old and
use the appended one. Only for a test. :)

If you created the subdirectory chrome in your profile and there the
file userContent.css, did you take care of the fact that the names are
case sensitive? 'Chrome' instead of 'chrome' e.g. will not work in Linux.

Hartmut