On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:12:57 AM UTC-8, WaltS wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 12:36 PM, jma2...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> I won't presume to speak for the developers, but I believe that
>

> >> Seamonkey is based on the code for both Firefox and Thunderbird.  One of
>

> >> the effects of this is that when Mozilla releases updates to those two
>

> >> (including betas), and as a result, there tends to be a lag of about a
>

> >> day or so before a corresponding to Seamonkey is released.
>

> >> This is the case, as I write.  Firefox 19.0 and Thunderbird 17.0.3 were
>

> >> both released yesterday, but http://www.seamonkey-project.org/, the
>

> >> current version is still reported at 2.15.2.  I would expect 2.16 to
>

> >> show up for the Windows version in the next few hours, and in Linux
>

> >> repositories over the next few days.
>

> >> What reason do you have to believe that the end of support for Seamonkey
>

> >> might be imminent?
>

> >> Smith
>

> > Thank you for the reply. According this article
> > http://blog.mozilla.org/beyond-the-code/2012/07/09/about-the-future-of-thunderbird/
> >  Mozilla "[has] a solid plan to support Thunderbird until the second half
> > of 2013 and are discussing how [they] support it beyond that date." which
> > makes the future of Thunderbird unclear. I work for an academic institution
> > so I just want to find potential replacements for Thunderbird if somehow
> > support ended and SeaMonkey would only be a viable option if I was sure
> > Mozilla would continue to support it past 2013. I would like someone to
> > confirm this.
>

> I don't think Mozilla supports SeaMonkey at all.
>

> SeaMonkey is developed by the SeaMonkey Project, using Mozilla products.
>

> <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/about>
>

> --
>
> Fedora 18.0 (64-bit) KDE 4.9.5
>
> Thunderbird Daily
>
> If we burn in hell, do we freeze in heaven?

Well according to SeaMonkey Project News http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news
on Feb 4th there was a release stating "As part of Mozilla's ongoing stability
and security update process, SeaMonkey 2.15.2 is now available for Windows,
Mac, and Linux as a free download from www.seamonkey-project.org." This led me
to believe that Mozilla still provides support for SeaMonkey. Correct me if I'm
wrong.