Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
keith_w wrote:

"If adding a "/" at the end of the link fixes it, I'd do it.  Your
PC-Illiterate friend should still be able to click on it."

If you don't mind, what function does the addition of a forward slash at
the end of a link perform?

Well, it seems to alleviate A Williams's problem with his email client
confusing the link as a "file." Secondly, it removes a step at the web
server - prevents it having to do a redirect. I always add a slash after
the TLD if I'm only linking to a domain name or a directory. See:

<http://webdesign.about.com/od/beginningtutorials/f/why-urls-end-in-
slash.htm>

If you send a link to a specific page, do not add a slash.

    http://example.com/subdir/thispage.html  gets NO slash.

Putting a slash at the end does not fix the problem, in fact some pages will have a slash and the end already. The only way to get it to send is to remove the link from the attachments list window. I still do not know why SM put a link in the attachments list.

Thank you,

Danny