Rufus wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:
Rufus wrote:

The highest official SM PPC release she can use with OS 10.5.8 is SM
1.1.19.

SM 2.x.x are Intel only and won't work for her.

Since I have OSX 10.4.6 on PPC G5 running SM 2.0.14 as I type this, I
have a tendency to disagree with that. It's SM 2.1 that won't work.

I wouldn't recommend 2.0.14, or anything earlier than 2.7.x...the
transition was just plain too buggy and fraught with upgrade problems -
I didn't jump on the SM 2.x.x train until 2.7.1 myself, and have kept my
G5 iMac frozen at 1.1.19.

I've never had a problem, and only stopped when I had to. So I would recommend it. The only other G5 I've ever used is on the same SM and OSX versions as me...so that's two cases of "no problems".
GW