Trane Francks wrote:
On 8/22/13 8:42 PM +0900, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
A Williams wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Not@home wrote:
I have SeaMonkey 2.20 on a Vista machine.

For sites I don't consider vital, I have SeaMonkey remember the
passwords, and when I forget one, I open Password Manager and look it
up.

However, with the latest version of SeaMonkey, this no longer
works.  It
still acts like it is remembering the passwords, but when I go to look
one up, the Password manager option opens Data Manager, showing all
the
cookies that have been installed.

Is there a way to look up my forgotten passwords?

They're there, but sometimes you have to give SM a little guidance.

The Data Manager has five tabs on the right
(Cookies/Permissions/Preferences/Passwords/Storage). If "Passwords"
isn't white, click it to select it.

Alternately, above the list of domains is a button that should say
"Passwords only." If not, click the down-pointing triangle at the
end of
the button and choose that option.

In either case, once you have the list of password-enabled sites, click
"Show Passwords" at the lower right to see what you need.

There is a change between the 2.19 and 2.20 behaviour here, possibly a
bug but probably a policy decision.
Under 2.19, "Tools -> Password Manager" brought up a list of all domains
*which had passwords saved*.
Under 2.20, "Tools -> Password Manager" brings up a list of all domains
which have any Cookies/Permissions/Preferences/Passwords/Storage saved.

Now you go to the domain required (there are just a lot more of them
that before) and then "Passwords" will be clickable.

Perhaps there's a difference between the Windows and Linux versions. On
my Windows version of SM 2.20, Tools | Password Manager | Manage
Passwords does bring up the Data Manager, but it's open to the Passwords
tab, so the only domains listed are those for which I have stored
passwords.

Of course, I can choose the other tabs (Cookies, Permissions, etc.) and
view those other domains, and some of the ones with stored passwords
will also have nondefault permissions or stored cookies. But that's not
how the Data Manager opens if I call it through the Password Manager.

v2.20 on OS X gives me the cookies tab, which is a royal pain when I've
gone into the PASSWORD manager. Sure, it's not a job stopper, but I do
find it annoying that going into manage passwords does not immediately
present me with password management. While it is arguably not a bug, it
is a design flaw.

...one more reason why I haven't "upgraded" past SM 2.13.2 on the Mac(s) I use most - when invoke PM under 2.13.2 it presents the Passwords tab, directly.

--
     - Rufus